Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week 6: Rome


So this is my 6th week here, I found a cool quote that I thought I should share:

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday we went to the Ara Pacis Museum for sketching class and worked on interior perspectives. We are also in the middle of our 2nd project for studio, we're doing an Urban Design project focusing on a part of Trestavere, Porta Portese that is on the Tiber River. We are working in groups of 2, Aidan and I are partners :) It's due next Thursday.

I called British Airways on Monday and was able to change my flight home from May 2nd to May 9th! So that week Hillary, Megan, Anna and I are going to Athens, and Santorini for the week. Then coming back to Rome to leave out of Fiumicino.

We have so many trips coming up. Sweden next weekend should be amazing, I am so so excited for that! When I was 8 or 9 years old, my Mom and Dad had a swedish girl come to stay with us for a year, and my grandparents also had one live with them. They went to high school while they lived with us, and were like 17 or 18 something like that.. since they have gone home, we have been emailing each other back and forth through the years. She came to the states about 6 years ago, and visited us with her young daughter, and husband. After hearing I was in Rome, she said that she would like to come visit! So, I decided to look up flights to Sweden just to see how much they would be..I had figured when I was in Italy that it would be too far North and had crossed it off my list entirely as possible places to visit..

But, I found an okay priced flight, and so I decided that I should just go. If I had the opportunity, it probably wouldn't come again. And that I should go, because it's somewhere I have always wanted to visit.. so, I did something very out of character, and bought the roundtrip ticket, after Marie told me that she would fix everything...food, a couch, whatever I needed.

Then after that weekend, I'm going to Dubrovnik, Croatia for a few days, and then we leave for Paris with Vyt and Marina and the rest of the CUArch crew here in Rome until March 21st. Easter we have Sicily lined up, and then after Easter Monday we have our Southern Italy trip. Two weeks of school and then Greece! So everything is falling into place, and it is flying by...so so fast.. I'm already getting sentimental about it. I know that this is such an amazing experience, and i'm just trying to remember the important stuff. But we'll see, still trying to take each day as it comes..

Miss everyone, and hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment